Thursday, September 08, 2005

Maturity

What is Maturity?  I have heard people saying ‘Oh! He is so mature.” “ Nah! He has been acting immaturely.” I keep wondering as to what exactly is Maturity. Sure it seems to be must have virtue as per people’s perception and a popular demand of girls. Still I am not sure whether I have one or not. Is there any meter to measure that or any diagnostic to run through to estimate whether people have maturity.

Maturity comes when we start seeing depth in all situations. People tend to behave erratic in pressure situations. Some do what they feel right while others don’t do anything at all. People you are more practical are more mature. But I think that does not mean compromising. Here the confusion starts. If you are practical you will accept that some things are not in your hand. And then it might be the case that since it is not in your hand you may as well give-up pursuing your dream. Isn’t it? And if you pursue it then you are not close to practical. You are a dreamer and die hard optimist. I agree I am a dreamer and die hard optimist at heart. I am optimist to the extent that if India needs 20 runs in last ball, I would hope for a tornado to appear on the pitch to stop the game. I think that is major obstacle in being mature.

Can a person with laid back attitude be mature? Is being mature anything to do with outlook towards life?  Am not sure but I am indeed in search of enlightment.

No comments: